Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Phase 2 of Room Setup





And so it begins...

I usually place my wardrobe near the side entrance (it goes to my neighboring teacher's class) and have the library behind it.  This year I decided to move it to the front of the classroom.  One of the bookshelves is double sided.  The side facing the sink I put my science materials for the current unit, so my science managers can get the materials to the groups.  The shelf facing forward is holding student magazine holders where they can store their folders and textbooks.  I don't want a lot in their desks.  The second picture from the top hold all the student materials and manipulatives.  I will take closer pictures so you can see.  The top picture is my wardrobe that is extra storage.  I decided to put it in the corner to have more floor space, but I have used the sides in the past as extra "bulletin boards."  Beside it I put the drawer carts that I store reading group materials and my plans and materials for each subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment